Monday, October 25, 2010

The Show Must Go On

Alexander McQueen. After a part of the fashion world died on 11 February once with the artist, I was sad. Really,really sad. He was my favourite designer. Now I'm happy to see that Sarah Burton is the new creative director of the brand. She has been helping Alexander McQueen for 14 years. The critics think that what she did is more ART than fashion. And I agree, but McQueen always combined them perfectly.
McQ. was known for a futuristic perspective on the clothes, for the extravagant prints and a genious mix of volums.
I think Sarah Burton combined something from the previous collections with a fresh touch of her own.

Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2011







Alexander McQueen previous collections






5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that they continued to create beautiful garments but can't help but feel this is more of the same. Beautiful of course though! I loooooved the shoes (haha typical right?) x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what Sarah did, she seemed to put more of a feminine touch on it & the pieces seem a lot more wearable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow all of these pieces are just amazing!

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so interesting that I came across your blog this evening. I was just thinking about Alexander McQueen today, and what a great loss we've experienced. He was such a true talent. That being said, I did enjoy Sarah Burton's work this time around - the last piece in particular that you've displayed is really beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the silhouette of his clothes!!

    beijos!
    menina elegante
    http://www.meninaelegante.com

    ReplyDelete

I will comment back and if you want to swap links, just leave me yours and I'll follow back! Thanks for your comment! <3